This series of tutorials are about learning the R software itself. Other tutorials will make use of R within the RStudio platform along with other concepts such as makrdown and Reproducible Research or bioconductor.
See resources for class materials, workshops offerings and free books on this post: R courses and tutorials. Classic, Tidyverse, Data Wrangling, ggplot2
TUTORIAL 1 – R Extreme beginners introduction.
(last updated: February 23, 2018)
This workshop starts with a full analysis, with plots, 2-way ANOVA based on Dr Chacon’s webinar and is followed by more mundane R commands with the “Extremely short introduction to R” inspired by TryR() and created for Biochem 660. – TryR is now defunct but last archived May 6, 2018.
- Demo yeast mutant analysis (2018, Update: Nov 3, 2020) : HTML, PDF, DOCX
- Based on Dr. Jeremy Chacon’s Beginners Introduction to R Statistical Software video
- Data files: yeast_example.txt
- Extremely short introduction to R (2018): HTML, PDF, DOCX – Based on Biochem 660 class
- Updated version (Oct 2018): HTML
- R Visualization: Base and ggplot2 (Oct 2018): HTML (Based on Bioconductor 2016 Intro course)
TUTORIAL 2 – Introduction to R
(last updated: April 25, 2017)
In class short hand out (rendered ipython jupyter notebook)