Python Club Announcement
The Biochemistry Python Club session are set in room 201, Biochemistry Laboratories, 433 Babcock Drive.
– Beginner group: will meet every Thursdays at 4pm for 1h, with an additional 1/2 hour.
First meeting will be January 12
– Intermediate/Advanced group: will meet Tuesdays 4pm-6pm every other week
First meeting will be January 17
Current suggestion is to use book: Python for the Life Sciences – A Gentle Introduction
The python code is publicly available at https://github.com/amberbiology/py4lifesci
Communications (repository of most emails): https://git.doit.wisc.edu/bcrf/pythonclub/communication
– Download and install Anaconda for your operating system. Learn and use about Jupyterlab and Jupyter notebooks (e.g. jupyter.org.)
– Learn a minimum of Mardown text, it’s easy and simple and is what can make your Jupyter Notebook annotations clearer and more presentable. You can start with this resource: Do yourself a favor: learn Markdown – Master it in 10 minutes!
Code of Conduct
In order to foster a positive and professional learning environment we encourage the following kinds of behaviors in all platforms and events:
– Use welcoming and inclusive language
– Be respectful of different viewpoints and experiences
– Gracefully accept constructive criticism
– Focus on what is best for the community
– Show courtesy and respect towards other community members
(Excerpt from Carpentries Code of Conduct)