This is a list of R material that I found online that I think can be useful as reference or as working material to learn R / RStudio / Mardkown.
I’ll try to separate the links between “Classic” and “Tidyverse” versions, but that is not always possible… “Tidyverse” would include plotting with
ggplot2 R package which itself is part of the multipackage called
The book section does not particularly distinguish between the R categories, but rather have emphasis on Data, Graphics, Markdown, Programming, and Statistics.
- A Learning Guide to R (Classic R, Markdown, Biological datasets)
- An Introduction to R – Peter Haschke on behalf of THE STAR LAB:
- PDF (Classic R)
- Computational Genomics With R
- Introduction to R, version 2 (intro to
- Data Wrangling in R (tidyverse) & Python (pandas)
More tiles can be found on the bookdown web page.
Here are a few that are relevant. These books are free reading online in the new HTML bookdown format, but are also published by renowned publishers such as O’Reilly or CRC Press.
R Markdown: The Definitive Guide, Yihui Xie, J. J. Allaire, Garrett Grolemund
R for Data Science, Garrett Grolemund & Hadley Wickham (author of ggplot2)
R Graphics Cookbook, 2nd edition, Winston Chang
Advanced R, Hadley Wickham (author of ggplot2)
Text Mining with R – A Tidy Approach, Julia Silge and David Robinson
Courses and Workshops
- Social Science Computing Cooperative – Training and registration page
- Ebling and Steenbock libraries R Programming Workshops