w3schools: Learn to Code
On the w3schools site I was surprised to find a lot more than informational tutorial for Web coding such as CSS or PHP. The site offers a large number of well organized, self-paced tutorials on a much larger scale.
Here are a few that I find particularly useful to data scientists and biologists:
- Python (3)
- MySQL (relational database management system.)
- Git (version control system)
Other entries are more comprehensive and may address multiple cross-disciplinary domains:
- Statistics (covers: basic concepts, descriptive statistics, inferential statistics.)
- Data science (example code based on Python.)
- Machine Learning (example code based on Python.)
The site provides a web-browser built-in editor to run the exercises on the fly.
The site is free to use and can certainly be beneficial to many.